The Anglican Bishop of Egypt writes:
We appreciate your prayers for:
• Our churches and institutions, so that we can fix our eyes on God who is in control. May what is happening help us to draw nearer to God and to know that the time is short.
• The end of demonstrations, especially in view of the changes that President Mubarak announced. This will bring Egypt back to normal and the curfew will be ended.
• The new government, in order to achieve the desired targets in serving the people, especially the Minister of Interior who is now trying to re-build the trust with the people of Egypt.
• People to find their needs of food and health care.
• Wisdom for the youth, in order not to allow the extremists to stir them up.
• The families who lost their loved ones in the violence, and those who are injured.
• Our beloved Egypt to recover this turmoil.
Once again, thank you so much for your prayers and words of encouragement.
May the Lord bless you!
Yours in Christ,
The Most Rev. Dr. Mouneer Hanna Anis
Bishop of the Episcopal / Anglican Diocese of Egypt
with North Africa and the Horn of Africa
President Bishop of the Episcopal / Anglican
Province of Jerusalem and the Middle East